13 September 2013

On my way to China!

So this is it. I'm sitting around in the departure lounge waiting for the first of my three flights. Despite struggling with heavy luggage, things have gone smoothly so far. My dad drove me to the airport and stayed with me through check-in until I had to go to security and he wasn't allowed through. My suitcase ended up weighing 24.5kg but they allowed it through even though my allowance was 23kg. I'm taking full advantage of my hand baggage allowance as well by bringing a bag and accessory (laptop bag) also up to the maximum allowance of 12kg. I've also got a coat with the pockets stuffed with clothes (they don't weigh coats). It's not easy packing to move away for 9 months!
It was a bit difficult getting my laptop out at security and ended up dropping my passport and boarding cards more than once but the girl behind me in the queue helped as she'd been on an Erasmus year herself and knew what it was like.
Hopefully the journey continues to go well but there's still a very long way to go! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for all your posts documenting your year at Xiamen Univesity along with the process you had to go through before actually getting there. Preparing to spend a year at Xiamen University this year I found them to be a life-saver!!

    ReplyDelete