13 September 2013

Last night at home/Fraser's early birthday/My early Christmas!

Tonight is my last night at home, sleeping in my own bed, until at least the end of June next year. My family seem to have mixed feelings about me going - wanting to support me but not wanting me to be gone so long at the same time! For these reasons my mum organised a nice family meal as it is the last time we'll be together for a while. My 18-year-old brother, Fraser, is off to Mallorca for three months on Tuesday to begin his gap year so there will soon only be three people living in our house. 

One of the toughest things about me being away is that I will be missing a family Christmas this year for the first time in my life. My mum suggested doing Christmas dinner for my last night but ended up doing a normal traditional English roast instead (with rice as well to make it a bit more oriental! I've never been much of a fan of potatoes). I haven't owned a camera for about 9 years so we've been discussing how I'd need one and it was decided that my parents would make it an early Christmas present. However. my mum also surprised me with a few smaller presents to be unwrapped on Christmas day!

Fraser's birthday is in October so we decided to celebrate that tonight too whilst we were all still together, birthday cake and everything! He was also treated to a camera, but as a birthday present rather than a Christmas one, so that he can document his time in Mallorca and other destinations on his gap year. You can follow his blog at fraserontour.blogspot.com

My flight to Amsterdam leaves at 9:15am so I'll be off to Manchester Airport in a few hours. After that first flight I'll fly to Guangzhou and, finally, Xiamen. I might do a short post from the airport but otherwise the next one will, hopefully, be from China! 


Fraser with his birthday cake (a month and 9 days early)

Three siblings (Ethan, Fraser and I)

My Christmas presents on top of my suitcase

No comments:

Post a Comment