3 June 2013

Reliving childhood

Today was my first real test as an au pair, the first day that I had to look after the girls on my own. Jose stayed later than normal in the morning to see that everything went smoothly before I walked the girls to school (10 mins away). I then had the morning to myself to catch up on iplayer before picking the girls up at 1, reheating the lentils with chorizo, potato, carrot and leak for lunch, playing with the girls and making sure they got their homework done. 

I forgot how much I love Duplo! Yesterday we went to a shopping centre to get a Spanish SIM card for me and shoes for the girls before heading to a science museum later on. It is just like being a child again! I get money for this?


Duplo contructions. The one on the left with the stairs in Mónica's and the one next to it (not quite sure what it's meant to be) is mine


When Mónica snr came back from work we went into the centre of Madrid so that I could be a tourist seeing the sights. Mónica prooved to be a good guide although we couldn't really stay anywhere that long as the girls would get bored. We still managed to see the Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor, the cathedral and the Royal Palace.

Puerta del Sol, the centre of the Spanish road network

As you can see from the above photo, the weather's amazing at the moment, really sunny and warm. I've already managed to burn a little bit... I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to explore the city on my own and the parents have given me a metro ticket and map so that I can do it. Don't think there's any way I can get bored of this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment