5 June 2013

Am I actually going to China?

Although it says in my first post on here that I'm going to Xiamen University in China this September for my year abroad, this is still not certain. I sincerely hope I am as I have been looking forward to it so long, but at the moment the subject is quite frustrating. There has been a bit of a lack of organisation throughout the year abroad preparation which means that I still do not have a confirmed place there. I've put this down to this being a new exchange programme and the university not being used to sending people to China, but it is still annoying. We got an email on Thursday saying "Oh, btw, you need to apply and the deadline's on Saturday", brilliant.

Bearing in mind, I was at home in Manchester and left the UK for Madrid on Saturday, I had limited time to acquire an academic transcript, fill in my application form, get a recommendation letter, write a study plan (thankfully I'd already written one for my scholarship application), get a photocopy of my passport and send all this off in the post to China. I somehow managed to get this all done on Friday and felt relieved at getting it out of the way. I emailed the contact in China with the postal receipt and explained that I'd done everything to the best of my ability. I've received emails from her since asking me to complete everything I've already done and send it all to her (which I've already done). The last one was this morning. Hopefully this will all sort itself out but at the moment it's a source of stress that I could do without. I'll write an update when I know more. Rant over.

TL;DR Everything to do with my year abroad is disorganised and it's stressing me out. Hopefully I'll still get to go to China.

Sorry for all that, I'll write some lighter posts about Spanish life soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment