17 June 2013

Funky nails and beautiful sunshine

I've had a day in today as Carlota's not very well so didn't go into school. I force feed her her medicine, she abolutely hates it. This morning we tried mixing it with fruit juice but yoghurt seemed to work better this afternoon! We spent a bit of time together watching TV, reading a bilingual story book and, most exciting of all, painting our nails. We went out to one of the local Chinese shops and bought four new colours before getting back to the flat and having our own nail salon! The girls are really into a nail salon game on the family tablet, always playing it and making new designs, so they loved doing it in real life! Carlota wanted to paint mine first so she lined up all the nail varnishes we had (about 13 in the end as I'd brought five with me and they already had some at home. As she hasn't been very well, I allowed her to do exactly what she wanted with my nails so of course I now have multicoloured nails! She decided on something a bit less crazy for herself, opting for the green and purple I'd brought from home. They must have been the smallest nails I've ever painted as she has a nasty habit of biting them! I then went to pick Mónica up from school and she got very excited when she saw what our morning activity had been. I painted hers when we got back in - also multicoloured like mine but with white dots done with a toothpick. We had a lot of fun with it but I think it's safe to say that none of us will ever work in a real nail salon!


What happens when you let a 10-year-old paint your nails. My toes are done the same!

Yesterday I went back to Retiro park in the centre, don't think I can ever get bored of that place! The weather was amazing, really sunny and almost unbearably hot (unlike today when we've had a cloudy sky and cooler weather). The park was bustling with people with it being a Sunday and also the last day of the book fair. Jose gave me a lift there as he planned to go and get some books. I've never seen anything like the Madrid book fair before. A long line of stalls selling all kinds of books and, at times, their authors/illustrators were there to sign them. We'd all gone the weekend before but the weather hadn't been as kind to us so it was good to go back. After that I spent a while wandering around the park, still discovering new things even after walking around it for almost two hours last Monday. It was great to see so many people out enjoying the sunshine and the street performers were out in force! I'm just glad I didn't burn given the weather. 

Madrid Book Fair

There were even people doing a bit of Taichi! Was quite tempted to join in.

Slanted tree

Beautiful sunshine


The boating lake

No comments:

Post a Comment